Hall Theater

Ozark Theater
Hall aug 1942

Moving pictures came to town about 1912 and were quartered in the north floor room of the Barry Hotel building on the west side of the square. Silent pictures were shown in that location for several years. In 1914, Thomas J. Preddy rode into town on a horse from his native Oklahoma and shortly thereafter, purchased the movie house at the above location. Later he was joined by his brother, Jess, and sister, Ardelia Tucker. Through successive hands, it passed down to the Ozark Theatre which was on the south side of the square in 1928 and “talkies” were first available. The movie house remained there until it was sold to Glen and Clairece Hall at the end of World War II. That site was closed when Mr. and Mrs. Hall purchased the community building and remodeled it for the Hall Theater after World War II.
From The First 150 Years in Cassville, Missouri by Senator Emory Melton

Hall Snow
In 1951, Mr. and Mrs. Hall purchased land on Hwy. 248 (known as Hwy. 44 in 1951) and constructed a modern drive-in theater, with individual in car speakers and graded ramps to ensure perfect vision of the massive screen. Known as the Green Hills Drive In Theatre, the Halls continued to entertain outdoor audiences until 1979, when they sold the business to Mr. and Mrs. Lonnie Dell.
Drive In 1952
More Photos
Hall Theater Flyers 1 Hall Theater Flyers 2 Hall Theater Calendars 1958
Ozark Theater Calendars 1939-41 Ozark Theater Calendars 1942-44 Hall Theater Calendars 1956
Hall Theater Calendars 1957 Hall Theater Calendars 1959 Hall Theater Calendars 1960
Hall Theater Calendars 1961-67 Hall Theater Opening Night Program 1946 Hall Theater Flyers 3